So I’ve decided I better make the best of this year at least on a creative level, I as just thinking to myself, I have the basic skills: I can Knit and Crochet, I’m not bad at Drawing and I’m getting back into Photography even if its at a hobby type level, so with these things in mind, what am I doing sitting around my room not doing much each day? I have skills, talents and things I love to do, I should use these things, I should improve myself, I mean if I get good enough at one of these things that I really love doing I could really go somewhere with it, so anyway lets get over the ranting bit and get to the point.
This year (2010) I’ve decided to set myself goals, some of these goal will be monthly some will be on going throughout probably forever, some will have a time limit of the year, all will have something to do with improving my creative skills, so without any more ranting from me I present my goals for 2010:
- Finish at least 1 Knitting project a Month (this can either be from my current w.i.p list or something new, either way it must be done before or on the months end)
- Knit a jumper (by the end of the year a wearable jumper must be finished)
- Take more photos (unlimited time period JUST TAKE PHOTOS!)
- Blog more (at least once a week! I know this one isn’t really creative but I really do need to do it)
- Learn more about Crochet.
- Submit at least 1 new photo/drawing/project to DA (Deviantart) a week.
- Draw at least 1 new picture a month (as I improve this will change to 2 pictures then 3 till its 1 a week)
- Learn to Cable Knit (and enjoy it)
- Finish the books I started last year (not creative but I really need to get back into the habit of reading)
So that is all I can think of right now, maybe I’ll come up with more at a later date, but for now I think the goals I’ve set are reachable as long as I work on them and by the end of the year if all goes well I should be alot better at the things I enjoy doing, which overall should make me feel better about myself :-).
Onto updates, since I last posted I attended the first knitting group of 2010, we have a new venue because the book shop our old Starbucks was in closed down :-(, its a tiny shop and we took over most of it, but considering how my week was going it was the highlight of my week and I really enjoyed it :-).
In what I’m currently knitting related news, still knitting my hat and in light of my new goals I guess I’ll have to have in finished in around 2 weeks, its growing at a good rate so I have a good feeling about reaching that goal 🙂 I’m really excited to wear it because I really love the colours of the yarn, I’ll post pictures in my next post (hopefully I’ll have it done by the end of this coming week).
That’s all for now really, I’ll also set a goal to post more knitting patterns, though its hard to create good patterns so I won’t put that in the list just yet 🙂
Bye for now.
One more thing, I’ll be making a post at the end of each month stating which goals I have achieved that month and the status of other goals.